Thursday, May 15, 2008

Idaho...no you-da-ho!

I went to see my friend’s band play at a NoLita bar. I’ve heard them play several times before, but decided to go anyway since the bar is supposed to be pretty cool. Well I show up, and there are two (yes just two) people there to see them. The other girl was dating the guitarist. Anyway, halfway through the set, a group of elderly people walked in. I’m thinking “I hope this bar is not on their AARP tour….because there are stripper poles everywhere!”. Seriously, they were performing among a half dozen stripper poles! I thought it was hilarious because the band went with the flow and even used them to maneuver around the stage (or run the guitar strings along the pole for an added effect). Secretly, I think they enjoyed it more than us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home