Monday, August 18, 2008

Sightseeing - Waterfalls and Art

I’m counting down the days before my move back to Chicago. Time goes by so quickly in the city, and I am now scrambling around trying to catch all the NYC attractions before I go.

This summer, an artist constructed four waterfalls along the East River in/around lower Manhattan. They range anywhere between 200 and 400 feet tall and are really impressive. One is up under the Manhattan Bridge, one under the Brooklyn Bridge, one at the Brooklyn ship yards, and one on Governor’s Island. Standing at the South Street Seaport, you can see all four.




I also logged in the Frick Collection on the UES. Basically it is the art collection of a rich guy (Mr. Frick) who lived at the turn of the century and was friends with Vanderbilt and Astor. The collection is housed in his gigantic house.



Marathon Man and I toured some Lower Manhattan neighborhoods. Since I am traveling to Asia in a few weeks, I need to build up my Asian food tolerance, so M-Man took me to his favorite dumpling dim son eatery in Chinatown. Afterwards we ran into a rally for the Beijing Olympics opening ceremony. I love the dancing dragons.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home