Saturday, June 13, 2009

Stuck in the Middle.

Lately there is talk about making overly obese people buy two seats on the airplane. I am against this policy because if dieting were easy, everyone would be thin right? Now after my recent flight home, I am less sympathetic. I unluckily was assigned a middle seat. To make matters worse, squished in the window seat was a monstrously fat woman. I felt bad for her because she had to ask for the seat belt extender. One side of her body was pressed up against the side of the plane and even then, her body spilled into half my seat. Our legs were touching hip to knee. She had her elbow on the arm rest (which was seriously reducing circulation to her lower half) and the arm fat overlapped onto to my chest. I sat there practically huddled in the fetal position thinking “okay, I am uncomfortable but so is she and this flight is only 40 minutes”. Then she pulls out a book and starts to read. I look over and notice she is sweating! Seriously…sweating! Beads of sweat were forming on her forehead and her arm and thigh were soaking through her clothes. Now I have heard of obese people sweating while they eat, but sweating while they READ! I almost burst out laughing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home